Wednesday - Entering the Ber Months, Crafting and Deep Thinking

                                       Hello All!!
                                Happy Wednesday!!

                            ***********************

Song of the day - Season of the Witch by Lana Del Rey (cover)

                             **********************
We are officially in the 'Ber Months', September is out in front of us. The beginning of meteorological autumn promising fallen leaves, a smooth journey into crisp mornings, cosy clothes and warming food.

They say autumn has 2 start dates, the meteorological and astronomical. 

The meteorological start date is the 1st of September and the Astronomical start date is the 23rd September which is the autumn equinox. 

I also feel there is a 3rd and that is when your body and mind begins to yern for those cosy, cooler days. When the leaves begin to turn and bring the creative inspiration that few other seasons can bring. 

When the summer begins to wain into the odd cool day here and there. When you opt for cosy jeans, trainers and a longer t-shirt as the air feels slightly chilly. 

The mornings are certainly feeling a little cooler than they have been and we've had some rain. Which I am thankful for as all the grass is dead, the other plants are screaming out for water and the local wildlife has been suffering. 

The weather/news pages people keep threatening us with another heatwave in September. I for one is hoping if it comes that it's not as hot as it has been. It's been far too hot in the UK recently, we shouldn't be having temperatures that high over here. I don't think I've enjoyed summer as much this year due to the heat, it has made me not want to do anything outside unfortunately. A little sad about how I felt about summer this year but that is the reality of living in a country that for the most part only has fans to cool you down. 

I've been working on an autumn Scrapbook/junk journal for the autumn months and the possible adventures in those months. It has been keeping my evenings and weekends busy as I have been working on the pages to add things to. I will have to order some more printer ink for my printer, once I've done that I can print pictures from my days. 

There's a few things planned but I will just have to see where autumn takes me this year.


Yesterday I wasn't feeling well so I didn't end up going to Blake's bands gig unfortunately. During the evening I sat quietly and worked on some scrapbook pages and some autumn crafts. 

I made an autumnal wall hanging with ribbon, wooden pieces, painted wooden pumpkins, battery fairy lights and a glue gun. It was fairly easy to put together and I had all the things in my large craft stash. You can get a lot of these things from 'The Works' (UK based - www.theworks.co.uk). This also goes for the scrapbook above, that is from the same place with a lot of paper, washi tape, embellishments and other craft supplies. The price is also fairly reasonable for budget crafters and artists.

As we move into September and the start of my 6th month at my transferred job. I have come to realise that I have been morning my old workplace, the people, my permanent desk that I sat at all the time and the way we worked. 

I have 2 bags of stuff I took home on my last way before we moved over to the new place still packed in my spare room because I have found it hard to move on. It hurts because in a round about way I didn't choose where I am now. I was basically picked up and placed there with 2 choices. Stay and work there or become unemployed. 

And I have spent far too many times over my 38 years in unemployment do to various annoying reasons. Worked too many jobs that made me unhappy but have no choice because a job is a job. 

I am hoping as we move through autumn, into winter and the new year something will change for me. Right now I still miss my old place and right now I am trying my best to shape my new one to be it's best self. I will try to keep positive and let myself understand that changes take time. 

Enough of me feeling sorry for myself!

                                 (Sleepy Ji in a box)
             
We have a short week this week due to the bank holiday on Monday. At the end of this week gives us the last local festival marking the end of summer.

 Anyone local to Kent/Medway that is able to travel down, I recommend the Faversham Hop Festival. There are an assortment of stalls with an assortment of things. Various beers/ales/ciders available to enjoy.

There's also many pubs to enjoy, some very old pubs as well as the Shepherd Neame brewery. Tours probably won't be available on the weekend of the festivities but I'm sure you can book one for a later date. 

I also just recommend walking around the town and enjoying the architecture. There are many interesting buildings in faversham. I love the town hall market building in the town square.

             (https://www.favershamhopfestival.org/)

     
I hope the rest of your week goes well, I will blog again when I can. Have a wonderful day! 

Comments