Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - Pitch Perfect 3, Stargate, Home Alone, Eat Locals

And we're back in the game!!
New year, new films, new reviews!!
Not necessarily new films all the time, this is partially about getting through my collection backlog. My film cupboard has grown bigger and I now have a virtual one on Amazon Prime to contend with. Join me with the first of 2018's film cupboard review posts, happy new year!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pitch Perfect 3
Following their win at the world championship, the now separated Bellas reunite for one last singing competition at an overseas USO tour, but face a group who uses both instruments and voices. - IMDB 
The Bellas are back in their third and final film, this was long awaited for myself and my sister in law. The only thing I'm sad about is that I have to wait for it to come out on Streaming, DVD and Blu-ray. It's almost as hard as waiting for The Last Jedi!

The third film follows on from the last, the girls have left college and they have joined the working world. A lot has changed for the girls, some thing for the worst. I like this start because it's kind of how it happens for most of us. We may have big shiny dreams about what our careers are going to be like, we don't think the everyday trials that come with them. I really enjoy the character evolutions whether they are good or bad, the new characters are a nice addition including the very awesome John Lithgow. I feel this is a lot better than the second film in certain aspects and I liked some of the surprise elements in the film that I wasn't expecting at all but made me laugh out load.

I give this film 4 & 1/2


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stargate
An interstellar teleportation device, found in Egypt, leads to a planet with humans resembling ancient Egyptians who worship the god Ra. - IMDB 
Everybody likes a little sci-fi and I feel Stargate is different enough to hold it's own in the huge group of Sci-fi franchises. It has a slight element of horror attached to it that makes you fear for the characters. I did this the wrong way around, I saw a large part of the series before I saw this film. Though certain actors are different I feel they did a good job in casting the right actors to play the characters. It's a great way to set the scene if you want to get into the series.

I give this film 4 out of 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home Alone
An eight-year-old troublemaker must protect his house from a pair of burglars when he is accidentally left home alone by his family during Christmas vacation. - IMDB 
Home Alone, the poster child for bad parents everywhere.
Home Alone has always been a family favourite, especially during the festive season. It's hilariously silly, has some morals to it and is heart warming in places. A must for a family film night/afternoon.

I give this film 4 out of 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eat Locals
Facing difficult times and with their glory days long gone, the eight undisputed British vampire overlords gather up for their semi-centennial meeting. However, before the break of dawn, there will be blood. And corpses. Lots of them. - IMDB 
Vampire Daredevil!
A British horror comedy with a feel of 'Dog Soldiers'. With a cast as fun as this I feel it adds a lot of value to the tv actors of the UK:
Charlie Cox (Netflix's Daredevil), Tony Curran, Dexter Fletcher, Eve Myles (Torchwood), Freema Agyeman (Doctor Who), Ruth Jones (Little Briton, Gavin and Stacey) and Annette Crosbie (One Foot In The Grave, Calendar Girls). Eat Locals is a little different to the action packed vampire films like Underworld and pulls in a funny, even laid back approach that makes it enjoyable and easy to follow. 

I give this film 5 out of 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!


Comments