Wednesday - Trying to Get Out of a Rut and Burnout

                               Happy Wednesday all!
                   We are half way through the week!!
This morning I have been lucky enough to wake up with toothache, this wasn't on my bingo card for the week. I'm hoping that some pain killers and determination will help me get through the day.

               -----------------------------------------------------

Recently despite having some time away from work, I have been suffering with some burnout. I also think I'm stuck in a bit of a Rut that I've been trying to claw myself out of.

I always know when burnout hits when I stop with my hobbies and just sit there trapped in my phone. Which I hate for myself and anyone who has dealt with the feeling. Half finished projects sit around the house, writing projects are forgotten due to low mood imposter syndrome and ideas not explored.

When I got back from Italy I almost felt a little more motivated. We cleaned the house, got rid of a pile of stuff just sitting on the kitchen floor waiting for a home and a decision to be made about it's fate. It was a big relief and a boost for the next task needed doing.

My job switch over has been one of the biggest factors in my burnout. Despite being the same job, the contract switch to the new company has thrown me off my game so hard. A 40 minutes commute on the train plus a 10/15 minute walk to the office and then the same on the way home has taken me a long time to get used to. Before the change I had a 20 minute train commute and a 3 minute walk to the office. I was very spoilt with 2 work from home days as well. Being overweight has not helped the matter, I wasn't used to the extra walking per day. 

My workload has grown exponentially with this change over due to the difference between the 2 companies working practices. It has been quite a long slog for me, I am at the stage now that I'm just about getting used to it but still have days where I really wish I didn't have to do the amount of work that I know is waiting for me. I was at the begining first few months falling asleep on the sofa before and after dinner which I never do. I also have been feeling kind of low recently.

With my blogging exercises I am hoping to push myself up and out of this burnout hole. Along with random art journaling, collage and video games. I need to stop myself from just existing every day. Creativity is my sole and I have not been feeding it lately. 

So please bear with me whilst I upload little mutterings of my mind for the time being and we will move on from there. 

Without making promises I may bring back My film cupboard or book reviews. I miss doing those. And maybe even song of the day. 

Anyway, it's that time again I should be getting on with life stuff. Choose one thing for yourself today that isn't about work or grown up stuff. Have a great day all!

Comments