Cloud Zombie's Bookshelf - Every Heart A Doorway

Another Tuesday, another book review!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every Heart A Doorway (wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire (Audiobook)
I have a love for books written by Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant and with this read I feel it has gotten deeper.This is one of her newer series in which I hadn't known much about until it was out there in the world, I was still excited because I couldn't wait to explore what she had written.

This book is about hidden worlds like wonderland, OZ and The Goblin Kings lands. Places young girls and sometimes boys disappear to and come back a little different and a little strange. We've all had long dreams and daydream of far off places where we had started a new life in a world that seemed to suit our personality, what if these places were actually real?!
Every Heart A Doorway is a little darker to the normal fantasy places novel, Seanan has explored the darker sides of disappearing off into your own world. I adored the story, characters and how everything worked within the world.

Without sounding silly I know this is a Novella and part of a series, I feel bad for even saying the tiniest bit of negativity about a Seanan McGuire book so please Seanan let this be know I still love your work and that you are my favourite author.
Every Heart A doorway still felt a little shorter and I felt that it ended so swiftly after the certain events that I didn't have a time to get used to it before the book was finished. All in all though I thought it was a great read and will most defiantly be picking up the next in the series.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!




Comments