Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert, Shanghai Noon, Volcano

Hello there!
Welcome to another of my film review posts, sorry for the no-show last week but I only had one film to review (shocking I know!) and I had not written up the review yet.
This week on the other hand is a lot better and I hope you enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Two drag queens and a transsexual travel across the desert to perform their unique style of cabaret.- IMDB
 

I was introduced to Priscilla the other day since I was scheduled to go see a musical of it the very same week and my partner what me to see it before I see the musical.

Priscilla is a larger than life film with some true heart. It has an actor in it that I never thought he had it in him but succeeded magically. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is a funny, well written adventure that is incredibly enjoyable. 

I give this film 10/10


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shanghai Noon
A Chinese man who travels to the Wild West to rescue a kidnapped princess. After teaming up with a train robber, the unlikely duo takes on a Chinese traitor and his corrupt boss. - IMDB




Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu and Owen Wilson, it couldn't get much better than that!

I have a great love for Jackie Chan and his ability to fight everything, anything and everyone. He is also great at making me laugh a lot while doing it. Shanghai Noon has a classic story mixed together with martial arts and cowboy duels. If there is one film to add to your list of watched films this is one of them because it is a crime to miss out on it.

I give this film 10/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volcano
Something unspeakably chilling is ultimately starting to heat up at The City of Los Angeles! Beneath the famed La Brea Tar Pits, a raging volcano has formed, raining a storm of deadly fire bombs and an endless tide of white-hot lava upon the stunned city! - IMDB


I do love a good disaster movie!
Volcano starring Tommy Lee Jones is an exciting and thrilling. I really like the story line to this film because it has a slightly unusual story line. This is defiantly a great addition to your disaster film collection (as well as Dante's Peak).

I give this film 9/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!

Comments