Life Update - 27.08.2020 - Finding the Clearing in the Jungle


 Hello All!

 

I'm back again to update you all on my job finding expedition.
It would would seem that I have managed to find a clearing in the job jungle and have found a job that will hopefully help me get back on track. This is an important turning point in my life, this isn't just a temporary job like I was thankful to get back in May. That job helped keep us going that much longer on what we had. 

This new job is a little casual on the hours but if I get enough shifts I can hopefully help support my home and partner, even if it's only a little.  I hope I can get an additional job to add to this in the near future but I am glad for this moment that someone has given me a chance in these very uncertain times. 

--

I had my first shift the other day, it was a night shift in Reading 10pm to 4am and I was more than a little apprehensive about my first day at work. When I got picked up by the minibus and meet the people I would be working with and who would be training me I began to relax a little more. I had never really done stock checking before, especially on this scale. Having not been overly active for a while this hit me quite hard, having to kneel on the ground a lot was a killer but as I pushed myself the more I got into the swing of things.

I was proud to have gotten through this shift feeling pretty good afterwards, I had been having back pains recently and I think I needed something like this to kick me into gear. I'm hoping to move forward and try to push myself a little more even if it does hurt because I know if will help me in the long run. 

I kind of closed my eyes for a bit, maybe I slept a bit on the minibus on the way home though I don't think I had finished coming down from my shift. I got home and got into bed, Blake was still asleep and stirred a little when I got into bed where I more or less passed out for a good while, I know that he said goodbye as he left for work but I was out until about 12ish. I don't think I've ever felt to tired before and that really is a good thing because recently I have been having trouble sleeping and I know this job will keep me sleeping well.

--


--

All I know now is that I am in a place I haven't been in for a long while and I am hoping to build on that until I can find the girl I know I want to be. 

--

Thank you all for reading my blog!

I hope you all are having a wonderful day despite the current situation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Redbubble Shop:

Comments