Cloud Zombie's Festive Film Cupboard - Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale, Jack Frost

Happy December Everyone!
It's been a while since we last did a film cupboard...
Sorry about that. But since we are here now and it is December we are going to festive it up a bit. I am going to review some films I either haven't seen before or haven't reviewed before.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
In the depths of the Korvatunturi mountains, 486 meters deep, lies the closest ever guarded secret of Christmas. The time has come to dig it up. This Christmas everyone will believe in Santa Claus. - IMDB 

Rare Exports is a slightly different take of the Krampus tale, it's set in Finland around a small family and the people they work with. This is a Finish film and I watched the film in subtitles because they don't bother me, I'm not sure if there is a dubbed version or not. The overall story is fine, the ending is slightly silly and I'd say this film was a dark comedy much like: Dead Snow 2, Sightseers and Prevenge. If I was going to compare I would say if ranks below these films overall. I did enjoy the film though but it isn't anything special.

I give this film 2 Santa Hats out of 5.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Frost
A father who can't keep his promises, dies in a car accident. One year later, he returns as a snowman, who has the final chance to put things right with his son, before he is gone forever. - IMDB 
Image result for jack frost movie poster

Everyone loves a heart warming Christmas story. Jack Frost is a cute story about a boy learning to live without his father when he comes back to life as a snowman to sort out his unfinished business with his family. Think 'Fluke' but with a snowman that is voiced by Michael Keaton. This is a great film for family viewing, it will certainly get you in the festive spirit as well as shed a few tears along the way. I recommend you watch it at least once because it's a lovely film even if it does make me cry.

I give this film 3 1/2 Santa Hats out of 5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!
Michael Keaton Bird Man GIF - MichaelKeaton BirdMan GIFs


Comments