Song of The Day - Wednesday - Life At Thirty

Happy Wednesday!
It's been a good few days since I last blogged, some were because I wasn't feeling up to it and some were because I've been too busy. Life always finds a way to get in the way and cause turbulence no matter how together you think you are.
--
Friday 22nd was home to an impromptu games evening with a few friends. Blake took full advantage of our white board to celebrate the evening with his snazzy Nintendo Switch. 

--
Blake and I booked a long weekend (one just gone) for my birthday. I said goodbye to my twenties and hello to my thirties on Saturday, I opted for a lunch at Wahaca and a light shopping trip. The passion fruit margarita is amazing and well worth the price, trust be they don't skimp on the booze. Bluewater shopping centre isn't usually my idea of fun, it's usually my idea of hell but I wanted to get out on my birthday. The centre has an large outside area with lakes that you can sit around with various water birds living in and around the area. I was lucky enough to see a swan and a heron that day as well as the usual mallards. 
Image result for bluewater shopping centre
Photo Credit: https://www.incentive-fmgroup.com/incentive-fm/blog/2015/10/01/bluewater-shopping-centre/
--
That evening I celebrating in true introvert style with Chinese takeaway for dinner with my mum and Blake, a lot of cider and beer was involved of course. Plus a birthday cake from my mum complete with childhood photo.
--
Sunday was for the most part laid back. After holding back on the garden for a while we did bite the bullet and mowed the lawn. After the grown up jobs were done though we headed to the cinema to watch Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, ice cream and a nice air conditioned room.
--
On the last day of our long weekend (Monday) we headed up to Essex to visit Colchester Zoo. This was the last part of my birthday fun, it was an amazing day and it was also very hot. Here are a few snaps of my day.



--
The last few days of work have been pretty standard, it was pretty hot as I was coming home yesterday evening. It was so hot and the fact that I didn't have time to refill my water bottle I had to swoop by a shop on the way to the rail station, this is what I opted for. I'm so glad I got it, I was so thirsty on my journey home. I usually use my reusable water bottle but it really wasn't an option this time around. I'd love it if shops started doing refilling points for branded drinks, large glass containers with taps that you could fill a bottle with maybe?...
I am trying to cut down on my the plastic waste and hopefully shops/large shops find a way to sell their goods without some much waste included.
--
Anyway I have blogged enough at you. Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you all have an amazing day!





























--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of The Day:

Comments