Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - Jaws, The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again, Hercules

Happy Wednesday!
It's another film review day and I have a nice few film reviews for you. If you would like to see past reviews please check up the 'Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard' pages tab at the top of the page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaws
A giant great white shark arrives on the shores of a New England beach resort and wreaks havoc with bloody attacks on swimmers, until a part-time sheriff teams up with a marine biologist and an old seafarer to hunt the monster down. - IMDB

What an awesome film!
Jaws is one of the greats that I had never seen before now, my partner saw fit to change that and now I can tick this classic off my list.
There is nothing like animatronics, puppetry and prosthetics. There are certain films that don't age horrendously because they didn't go down the road of shonky CGI, this is one of them. It's ages yes but the shark doesn't look so aged with HD upgrading that you can see a black line around it.
Jaws is a classic that keeps it's tenseness all the way through, I didn't even predict some of the scenes and that's how it should be.

I give this film 5 out of 5











--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again
A straitlaced, square couple, seeking shelter from a storm, find themselves in the castle of a transgender alien mad scientist intent on creating a buff bodybuilder.- IMDB

They tried so very hard!
Rocky Horror is a classic stage show and film, it seemed almost fitting that a new generation wanted to honour it. After the success of Grease Live I think the next step was Rocky Horror.

It should have worked, everything about it screams that it should have worked but it just feels flat and slightly like a primary school play where nobody quite knows what the story, costumes or songs should be like.

It feels as if they have tried to modernise the play while still keeping the story in the past and it makes it seem a little off. The Usherette was great, her part was played very well and I have no faults with her.

 Riff  Raff looks like an grown up Emo that never really grew out of that life stage and his portrayal of the character doesn't quite do it for me. His parts in songs are not satisfactory and feel like he is instead doing karaoke.

Christina Milian's Magenta was ok I guess but her try at a sort of English accent just sounded like she had learnt how to speck English from a South African.

Columbia was great but had been modernised and acted more like a sulking teenager, also what was with the lollypop?

Brad and Janet were excellent at the characters they played but hey they are pretty straight forward characters.

Laverne Cox was alright as Frank but seeing Dr Frank-N-Furter with boobs was a little disconcerting. Frank is supposed to be a man who likes to dress in women's clothing but still likes who he is as a man. (I am very well aware that Laverne is a Transgender woman and I have no gripes there because I fully support the LGBT community to the fullest.)

And finally Tim Curry's addition was lovely because he will always be part of Rocky Horror but made me a little sad and I can tell the man is unwell.

Overall The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again was ok but really wasn't a touch on the original film or the stage shows I have seen. Nice try! 
 
I give this film 2 1/2 out of 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hercules
The son of the Greek Gods Zeus and Hera is stripped of his immortality as an infant and must become a true hero in order to reclaim it. - IMDB




Fun times!
I never really had a phase of not watching Disney films but Hercules past me by. I have a love for the soundtrack and I thought it would be a good idea to give it a try.


 It was a enjoyable adaptation of the original story, I understand that they can't put the whole Zeus is a big slutbag that couldn't keep it in his pants. I enjoyed the cast of voice actors that were involved with this one, Danny DeVito's character suited him well. Also James Wood as the Hades worked so well. This is defiantly a great addition to your collection if you haven't done it already.     





I give this film 4 out of 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for watching!
jaws



Comments