Baking With Cloud Zombie - Kat's Millionaire Explosion!

Hello there welcome to my new section that will cover my baking and cooking experiments. I will be trying recipes that I have never tried before, experimenting with my own recipes and talking about what worked and didn't work for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kat's Millionaire Explosion!
 I had a lot of leftover baking ingredients from Christmas, new years and my partners birthday so I looks for recipes I could try and make with what I had.
I settled for Millionaires Shortbread with a few differences, I had no eggs so I made egg free shortbread.
After I had made the mixture I began to flatten it into my chosen baking tray (preferably one with sides) and baked it until golden brown (ish).
I left the short bread to cool and prepared my other ingredients.
Caramel, chocolate and mini marshmallows.
Once the shortbread had finally cooled I added the caramel by spreading it over the top of the shortbread trying to be even.
Then I chilled the whole thing in the fridge for ten minutes before melting the chocolate and stirring it until no chocolate lumps appeare.
Since I like to experiment with my baking and cooking (a bit to much) I added some left over fudge frosting into the chocolate mix.
As usual I didn't plan ahead and I found out I did not have enough chocolate to cover the whole thing so I instead swirled the chocolate with the caramel, which of course made it look worse.
I added mini marshmallows as a topping and let the whole thing set in the fridge for another 20-30 minutes before cutting into pieces for transportation.

Since they still taste good but look like they exploded during being made I dubbed them 'Kat's Millionaire Explosion'.
I'm sure someone can actually make what I made into something pretty and presentable, I dare you. I do not see 'Bake Off' in the future for me at all, Mary Berry would be most disappointed with this presentation but that is why I am not a famous celebrity baker.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for sharing my adventures in baking, watch this space for more adventures coming soon in the near future. If you would like to suggest a recipe for me to try or challenge me to make something with certain ingredients feel free to leave a comment below, email cloud_zombie@outlook.com , tweet at me @Cloud_zombie , message me on Tumblr, G+ or Instagram.

Comments