London Tubes and Strikes

As a London worker I commute to work every day via train. I thank whatever deity that will listen that I don’t have to use the tube every day and when I do it’s only for a short journey. The tube is my personal hell and I would rather walk or get the bus than be crammed into a long metal tube that is hotter than the sun during the summer months and still hot during the colder months.
The tube is a horrible place and I never understand why people put them through the hell fire that is the London Underground.
It’s amazing how an entire city can be sent into utter chaos when that system goes down. The foot traffic increases threefold, there are hundreds of bikes and the taxis and buses are full to the brim.
A girl in my team cycled eleven miles to work this morning and she will be facing that ride back again this evening, cycling through London is super scary. As my friend said “it’s for the suicidal and the mad”.  
You can also tell from the normal people just walking on the street to the people walking because they have to, they push and shove the other walkers out the way like they somehow own the place. London is not a pretty place during the rush.

 

Comments