Robin Williams - My First Genie

RIP Robin Williams
 
Today we all received news that the great Robin Williams had passed away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robin Williams was a huge part of my childhood and young adulthood. I was born in 1988 so the first film I remember watching with him in was Aladdin as the Genie of the lamp.

He will always be Genie to me and I will never forget how much he made me laugh.
Robin has had some many adventure in his film career and he has slipped seamlessly into each roll.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I vaguely remember watching 'Mork and Mindy' as a child, the episode when they have an egg that turns into a child that is a full grown man. Bizarre television comedy with Robin Williams as Mork from Ork, who is an alien sent to Earth in an egg, to investigate Earth and report back to his superiors. As an outsider, Mork is unfamiliar with human customs and often questions some of the strange traditions that we take for granted. Much of the humor relies on Williams' unique comic voices and mannerisms. The show was perhaps most famous for Mork's greeting, 'Nano Nano.' - IMDB              
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Williams has been in many films, some I have seen and some I have yet to see but I will continue to enjoy them. I loved Hook, Mrs Doubyfire, Jumanji, What Dreams May Come, Bicentennial Man and Robots. As I said I have a lot of his films to add to my list and I'm sure I will enjoy watching them all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now on a more serious note:
I hope in my heart that people will begin to see what depression can do to people. It doesn't matter who you are adult or child you can have depression and it can be so soul destroying. Depression  is a real illness and so many people have ended there life because of it. I have a few people in my family that suffer from varying types of depression and see how it affect there day to day lives, there relationships and their health.
 If you know someone who has depression you should be more understanding and try to help them with there lives.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few of Robin's performances in video form and any I left off my list:

 
You will be extremely missed Mr Williams!

 

Comments