Song of The Day - Monday - Mental Health Updates, Film Weekend, Avengers and Audiobooks!

Happy Monday!
Another working week has begun!
The sky was a crappy dull white this morning, not very motivating on the first day of the working week. It was much better however when I got to London but I don't foresee that lasting very long. At least I am blogging today!
--
Mental Health Blog Alert!
If you would rather not read about my struggles scroll to the next section.
Mondays are Mondays but today I am pretty proud of myself. After weeks and months of not being able to get out of bed on time to walk to the station in the morning. I succeeded!
I managed to get up, washed, dressed and all the little things I have to do in the morning within the time before I need to leave for the station. This may sound like something simple but I've really struggled with my mental health recently and this is a big achievement for me in that area. Blake was of course a big help in being my cheerleader, he has nothing but supportive and encouraging when I have struggled to open my eyes.
--
I have been trying to share my experiences of mental health struggles to help break that stigma that mental health is somehow not valid because you cannot physical see the illness. I disagree because you can see the physical effects of bad mental health but people just choose to ignore it. I've put on more weight than I ever thought I'd put on, I was never a person who would struggle to get out of bed, I've developed anxiety that in turn causes my irritable bowel syndrome to play up.
--
Of course some people have it a lot harder with their mental health and those people are incredible with what they overcome on a daily basis just to get through the day. Their physical symptoms are similar and completely different to my own, they develop in a number of ways and not everyone can spot the signs. Support those who suffer with bad mental health any way you can and help break the stigma around mental illness.
Mental Health Awareness week is getting closer.
13-19 May 2019
Image result for mental health awareness
End
--
This weekend has been quite film heavy in theme. Friday we watched Kingsman: The Secret Service with lunch, it was a busy morning of sorting through the house as that project is starting up.
That evening we had a film night with friends, Mutant and Lavalantula were films that we watched. And then on Sunday we went to the cinema to see Avengers: Endgame. That was a rollercoaster of emotions I can tell you that!

 

--
I also visited my mum as well as my nan because she is currently visiting from Ireland at the moment. My little sister was there also which was nice to see everyone. Then it was home for dinner and that was my weekend.
--
I finished my audiobook this morning.
Ones and Zeroes (Mirador #2) By Dan Wells
This series so far has been a pretty exciting dystopian cyber punk adventure.
--
Thank you for reading my blog!
I hope you all have a lovely Monday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of The Day:

Comments