Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Jumanji: Welcome The Jungle

It's Wednesday, film reviews are back!
If you haven't seen my reviews before, this is where I review all the films I have watched. Some new, some old, the main thing is to get me to watch all of the films I have crammed into my two large cupboards. I post weekly or two weekly depending on what and how many films I have watched.
After another long hiatus from film blogging, Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard is back!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electra Woman & Dyna Girl
Electra Woman & Dyna Girl was originally a television series from 1976. This film is a modern reboot of the franchise staring Grace Helbig and Hannah Hart of YouTube fame. I am not familiar with the original series and have to admit that I chose to watch it because of Grace and Hannah. I am a big fan of their work on YouTube and their various other projects (Camp Takota, Dirty 30, Hey USA, My Drunk Kitchen).
"The film was originally supposed to be released as an 8 episode series but was instead released as an 81 minute movie". I feel it was the better of the two moves because I feel it would have lost momentum if it was episode based. The 2016 reboot of Electra Woman & Dyna Girl has tones of Mystery Men about it which made me want to watch Mystery Men straight after. It's goofy, fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. It's worth a watch because of it's quirkiness, fans of Hannah and Grace will love it.
 
I give this film 3 out of 5.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
2018 has had some huge movies come out, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is among them. As a follow up to the incredible Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom had a lot to live up to. The dinos are still awesome and it's certainly more of the same that we experienced in World but I feel it has an undertone of The Lost World to it but it didn't have that lull in the second half. I was very entertained throughout and very much look forward to watching it again. A must watch if you are a fan of the franchise.

I give this film 4 out of 5.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jumanji: Welcome The Jungle
JUMANJI!
 Jumanji: Welcome The Jungle is a squeal to the 1995 film Jumanji. Yes it is not a remake as it was first suspected, the trailers were slightly misleading. As all franchises do, Jumanji has reinvented itself to fit in with todays standards. Of course tabletop gaming is immensely popular currently so don't take offence. All is reveled in the film so don't dismiss it because of the trailer.
I was pretty excited when this trailer hit. The Rock is pretty amazing when it comes to this kind of film. He knows how to enjoy himself and it shows, his character was played so well I cannot see any other person playing him. 
Jack Black, I've never ever thought what it would be like to see Jack Black play a 17 year old high school girl stuck inside a middle aged mans body. I did and it was so bloody funny.
Kevin Hart I had only seen in a handful of films but I feel he was picked well for this role, he has some great lines during this film.
 and of course Karen Gillan. Karen Gillan!! Yes a few people know her as Nebula of Guardians of The Galaxy fame. I on the other hand knew her from Doctor Who as Amy Pond.
Anyway...Amy Pond aside. Nick Jonas was also a surprising addition to the team, I haven't seen much of his acting before but he held his own against his co-stars.
Jumanji: Welcome The Jungle is everything it was supposed to be, it couldn't have been done better. Definably worth a watch with lots of popcorn.

I give this film 4 out of 5.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!
Related image




Comments