Photo A Day Challenge - January 2018 - Day 10

#photoadaychallenge #January2018
Day 10. Your Childhood - This is a painting I painted a few years back, it's based on a childhood memory. It's titled: 'Girafft'
When I was very young my family and I lived on a half converted coal barge. It was a little drafty due to the fact that work was still being done on it. One night little me decided I wanted to sleep in the living room on the sofa. Mum says "Are you sure? There's a draft," me being very little wasn't sure what a draft was and of course got scared. Being that I was little me I didn't have the speaking skills I have now. I got scared about the draft and began saying something along the lines of. "I don't want the girafft to come," this is where the inspiration for this painting came from.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdw1nLJhY8s/

Comments