Mental Health at Home - World Mental Health Day 2016

I know this is a day out but Mental Health Awareness should be a full time thing anyway.
----
As a child you do not realise that your loved ones in your family and around you could be suffering with mental health, it isn't visible in the way some other illness are and that sometimes cause people to overlook the people that really do need help.
----
Growing up I wasn't aware how badly my mother suffered with depression until I was a lot older and we she began to talk to me about it. I became aware of what she was living through and what she had been through in her life to send her into depression.
----
My sister in recent years had been hit hard by depression, she is 9 years younger than me and for a long time we just couldn't relate to each other in the ways that we should. I feel that was a mistake on my part because I should have been there more for her after I moved out to begin an adulthood of my own.
----
My sister has always been precious to me, she is brilliant, clever and an amazing artist in many arts as well as photography. Depression nearly took my little sister away from me, this brilliant, talented, beautiful girl was nearly wasted because of a horrible mental disease that we should be treating like a proper disease and finding a way to stop it destroying lives.
----
Spread awareness of mental health where you can, depression is not just feeling sad, there are so many levels to it that will only be helped if we understand what depression is and what it is doing to our loved ones.
----


Comments