Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - The Day After Tomorrow, Sinkhole, Survivor

Film Cupboard reviews are back!
and this week I have focused on low budget and shonky movies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Day After Tomorrow
Jack Hall, paleoclimatologist, must make a daring trek across America to reach his son, trapped in the cross-hairs of a sudden international storm which plunges the planet into a new Ice Age. - IMDB

Dennis Quaid!!
I have a thing about disaster films and tend to collect them. This is one of the better ones because Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal help keep it afloat. 
The weather special effects are fine, it's just certain animal CGI that is incredibly shonky. Those who have seen this film know of what I speak. 

I give this film 8/10 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sinkhole
A group of teenagers get trapped in a sink hole and have to fight for their lives.- IMDB


Oh My.....what did I just watch!! 
This is on the lower scale of disaster films and it knows it! 

The special effects are incredibly terrible in this movie and it's obvious that what you see on screen is not there at all. The annoying people tale far too long to die and I their deaths are not all that exciting. The way they rescue the remaining cast is incredible and sadly unlikely. 

I give this film 5/10 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Survivor
During their search for a habitable planet the last living humans crash-land on a barren world, inhabited by bloodthirsty aliens and mysterious post-apocalyptic warriors.

Mainstay are on it again!
I have always enjoyed Mainstay productions, they are a very young film company that makes low budget films but manages to make them at least half decent enough to enjoy. 

I liked Survivor for what it is and I have not compared it to any other film like it. It does exactly what it says with a few minor misses but you'd probably enjoy it as an easy watching film. 

I give this film 8 /10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!

Comments