Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - Insurgent, Practical Magic

Hello and welcome to my film review section!
This is where I review film from my overly large film collection (and growing) and cinema releases.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Insurgent
Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart with the help from others on her side.- IMDB


I seemed to have bought into this franchise pretty quickly because yes it's the second in the Divergent series in my reviews already.
When I first saw the trailer to this film I was a little confused to what was actually going on, now that I have watched the film I now understand the trailers a little better.

The main characters are still surprising me even when it is the next of the series, in some series you learn all you can about them in the first instant and that's it until the finish but with Tris and Four there is some underlying secrets that we have yet to see come to light.

Insurgent is still very action heavy with some slow moment but not slow enough to be boring. If you have seen the first film you might as well continue with this series and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. I enjoyed it for what it was and I would quite happily watch again, I will  be reading the books to compare.

I give this film 9/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practical Magic 
The wry, comic romantic tale follows the Owens sisters, Sally and Gillian, as they struggle to use their hereditary gift for practical magic to overcome the obstacles in discovering true love. - IMDB




Oh this does bring back some memories of my early teen years, this was when The Craft and Charmed was big as well and all teen girls wanted to be a magical being. Trust me my friends I went through that phase and I sadly never really got out of it.

Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock play very different characters in this film and I love the way they bounce off of each other's personalities. The story is more or less easy to follow and is called back to several times during the film. The additional part of the story adds a little darkness to the film and stops it from being too boring. I recommend a watch because it is a fun story.

I give this film 9/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!



Comments