Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - Vaction, Ant-Man

Hello and welcome to film review Wednesday!
If you don't know already this is the day I post reviews of films I have watched recently. I have a huge cupboard of films that need to be watched, I'm not doing very well because I keep adding to the numbers as well as to my virtual film cupboards. I also do cinema release reviews as and when I get to the cinema.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vacation
Rusty Griswold takes his own family on a road trip to "Walley World" in order to spice things up with his wife and reconnect with his sons. - IMDB
 
If you haven't seen the original vacation I suggest you take a watch of it , Chevy Chase is awesome and should never be over looked.
 
I feel this is truly a great addition to the Vacation series and the fact that it isn't really a remake and reboots the franchise in such a way that the originals are not over shadowed or taken out of the picture all together.
 
As is tradition of the Vacation films in the cringe factor about it, the "oh my god I can't believe they did that!" is still there and better than ever. So much so I spend the whole film either laughing like a manic or biting the collar of my t-shirt  and squeaking as I cringed.
 
I give this film 10/10
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ant-Man
Armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, cat burglar Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world. - IMDB
 
Having heard about this film a lot and peoples reactions I was ready to give it a go and Paul Rudd film are usually entertaining.
 
I really like the cast and it was great to see Michael Douglas playing someone that let's his usual cockiness shine through. The story line was different to usual superhero theme and I felt that he was different enough from the shiny Avengers to give him his own shine.
 
The CG is great, they spent a lot of time on the detail and I think that showed in the film overall. I was pleased overall with Ant-Man and I will look forward to seeing what adventures he has in the future.
 
I give this film 10/10
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading, tune in next week for another film review post.
 


Comments