National Poetry Day - Some Rough Poems

As it is national Poetry Day I have attempted a few poems. Some of it is a bit dark and political so bare with me. Also I am writing this on the crap app so forgive me for the layout.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title - No Future

The shy falls as the vultures circle concrete and metal boxes high in the coldness.
They watch waiting as their payloads wither and wilt.
Something crys out, as their world circums to the non existence of hope while the suits sit behind their diamond vales filling their overly stuffed pockets.
The vultures smile as they swoop down apon the now lifeless Rags.
Echos of regret ring through the concrete and metal boxes, this could have been avoided.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title - Barbara

They're coming to to get me, I cry out in horror.
They're coming to get me, I stumble and cry.
They're coming to get me, I hear they moans close.
They're coming to get me, the door splinters before me.
They're coming to get me, I can feel the hands claw my skin.
They have me, I am no more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title - The Sky

Sunrises and sunsets are a wonderful thing. They are always different and never the same.
They pass us day by day without a care, they're beauty never stopping for us to stay awhile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading.

Comments