Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard -

Hello and Welcome back to Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard when I review my large film collection, the latest cinema releases and DVD, Blu-ray, and download releases.
Sorry about being away for a little while.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
A young boy stumbles into a mysterious girl who floats down from the sky. The girl, Sheeta, was chased by pirates, army and government secret agents. In saving her life, they begin a high flying adventure that goes through all sorts of flying machines, eventually searching for Sheeta's identity in a floating castle of a lost civilisation. - IMDB
              

Well this really is a beautiful film, this is high on my list of being one of my favourite Studio Gibli films. I always do enjoy their films but this one is lovely.
I feel this is a different to the other films because it's story is about a floating city in the sky, the world are always imagining what it would be like to fly and live on the clouds.

I give this film 10/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Return of The Killer Shrews
The '59 film, The Killer Shrews, found a group of folks on an island with the ravenous beasts. This time James Best's ship captain is hired by a reality crew to return to the island and...you guessed it, the shrews attack again.- IMDB

I'm adding this one to the bad movie family of films because it is utterly terrible. This is a sequel to The Killer Shrews released in 1959 starring James Best. He reprises his role in Return of The Killer Shrews many years later and I wonder why he did so.

Instead of dogs dressed up to look like shrews this time they have very shonky CGI that is so bad it's not believable at all (also a rubber snake would have looked better).
Most of the characters are annoying and I took much enjoyment watching them find their demise.

This film is a laugh to watch with friends as a bad movie night selection.

I give this film 4/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading.
If you enjoy my blog feel free to let me know by leaving a comment below or send me a message at cloud_zombie@outlook.com
or you can always follow me on twitter
@Cloud_zombie



Comments