Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - Rio, This Means War, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Hello and Welcome back to Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard when I review my large film collection, the latest cinema releases and DVD, Blu-ray, and download releases.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rio
When Blu, a domesticated macaw from small-town Minnesota, meets the fiercely independent Jewel, he takes off on an adventure to Rio de Janeiro with this bird of his dreams.- IMDB
I must say I was pleasantly surprise by this film. I was a bit unsure at first because the trailer doesn't sell it so well but I rather enjoyed the story, the jokes and the colourfulness of this film.
The is film if a great fun family  film and I would gladly watch it again.

I give this film 10/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Means War
Two CIA agents, Tuck and Frank who are also best friends, have been benched because someone's after them. Tuck is divorced with a son whom he's not close to and Frank is a ladies man. Tuck decides to try and find someone so he places his profile on a dating website. Lauren, a woman also looking for a guy sees Tuck's profile and goes with him. She later bumps into Frank and he hits on her and she goes out with him. She's intrigued by both of them. When they learn that they're dating the same girl, they agree to let her choose. But both can't help but use their skills to keep tabs on her and each other. And also sabotage each other's dates with her. -IMDB
 
This Means War is a silly spy film/romantic comedy that is great to relax to on an evening. The plots not overly complicated or hard to follow and the element of the two guys being spies just adds to the silly ways they get themselves into trouble. This film has a really good selection of actors (Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hardy and Chris Pine) that make up for the small plot line.
 
I give this film 9/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Four years after the failure of Jurassic Park on Isla Nublar, John Hammond reveals to Ian Malcolm that there was another island ("Site B") on which dinosaurs were bred before being transported to Isla Nublar. Left alone since the disaster, the dinosaurs have flourished, and Hammond is anxious that the world see them in their "natural" environment before they are exploited. -IMDB

Ah the lesser of the JP franchise.
I will still watch this film after all these year even though it really doesn't hold up to it's Prequel. We do get to see the raptors and the T-Rex's but I'm not going to lie I can see them in JP 3, but even then it doesn't blow my skirt up as much as Jurassic World did.
This film has two endings and they should have stopped at the first because it turns into 'Free Willy' after that.

I give this film 7/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
In 1967, after burning most of his henchmen, Dr. Evil sets a trap for Austin Powers, but freezes himself so Austin won't catch him. Austin then volunteers to be frozen in case Dr. Evil shows up again. 30 years later, Dr. Evil wakes up in Nevada and steals a nuclear weapon and holds the world hostage for 1 million dollars. Sorry, 100 billion dollars. Austin is woken up to stop Dr. Evil but gets Vanessa Kensington, his ex-partner's daughter and goes to Vegas to look for Evil, but finds out there is no longer any free love in the 90's, or Swinging. - IMDB
 
I loved Austin Powers from the moment I saw the film.
I below the age rating when I first watch 'Austin powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me' my cousins had rented it out when it was brand new and we watched it like naughty kids because it was an age rating higher than our ages. After that I begged my mum to rent out the first one on video because Austin Powers was just so much fun.
 
You can never go wrong with an Austin Powers film, I Hartley recommend you have a watch.
 
I give this film 10/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You For Reading
:-) 
 

Comments