Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - The Punisher, Saving Private Ryan and A Million Ways to Die in The West



Here is the first post of my new series.
I will be reviewing the films I watch (new and old), I have two large cupboards of films that are full to bursting and are very much in need of watching.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Punisher
Special agent Frank Castle had it all: A loving family, a great life, and an adventurous job. But when his life is taken away from him by a ruthless criminal and his associates, Frank has become reborn. Now serving as judge, jury, and executioner, he's a new kind of vigilante out to wage a one man war against those who have done him wrong. - IMDB
I must say Thomas Jane plays this part to an incredible tea, he has the deep filled hatred, the anger and strength to play such a complex character. I was pleasantly surprised when I sat down to watch this film, I had only had a tiny bit of prior knowledge of The Punisher before watching and would now definitely like to read the graphic novels. I love all the characters good and bad and how the story winds it's way around them like a snaking maze.
I was show this about a year ago by my partner, it is a short. Thomas Jane is back again playing Frank Castle and it was shot very well. Hope you like it.

I give this film: 10/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saving Private Ryan
Following the Normandy Landings, a group of U.S. soldiers go behind enemy lines to retrieve a paratrooper whose brothers have been killed in action. - IMDB
(Here comes the serious sappy part)
 I as a person am not interested in war and historical war films in general, they make me sad (not normal sad, very sad and I ugly cry). I learnt about the wars in school, through family members and friends, I do not want to relive what the worlds men, women and children went through in these times. I am very thankful to them for fighting for their countries, hope their lives were not lost in vein of the worlds situation today.
And back to the film: Saving Private Ryan is a very powerful film and shows many values of human life and their emotion and feelings towards their fellow soldier. I know the main plot of the film would never happen in real life because it would not be probable. The beach scene is heart stoppingly epic and that is the only bit of the film I had seen before this viewing.

I give this film: 10/10
(even though it made me anxious and cry)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Million Ways to Die in The West 
Set in 1882 in the American west, Albert is a lowly farmer with a nice girlfriend. But when she leaves him for the more successful and handsome owner of a moustachery store, Albert returns to his lonely daily life of trying to avoid death. Then the mysterious Anna rides into town and captures Albert's interest and heart, but with her deadly husband in town, Albert is going to have to become the western gun-slinging hero he never was. It won't be easy because there are a million ways to die in the west. - IMDB
Let's start by saying that I have a lot of time for Seth MacFarlane, he never fails to make me laugh and he was a great voice.
I'm a big fan of 'Family Guy' and 'American Dad', they make me cringe and laugh at the same time and always leave me wanting more.
So after 'Ted' Seth brought this hilarious little number out to quench our thirsts of comedy. He directs, writes and stars in this movie so you know it's going to be perfect. Liam Neeson is the big bad guy in this epic western, followed by the slight evil Neil Patrick Harris who plays the Gentlemanly moustache wearer.
The mysterious Charlize Theron as a sharp shooting, quick mouthed love interest and the other spoilt wanting bigger things in life Ex Amanda Seyfried. This group though unlikely have brought an amazingly enjoyable comedy to our lives. Stand up Seth and take a bow.

I give this film: 10/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading the first of Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard Reviews.

Comments